March 25th, 2019
- I hope all have had a great spring break. I have missed my students and am ready for the final few months of school.
- A quick reminder that, while yes, it is gorgeous outside as of late, it is still quite muddy, mucky, and generally quite brown on our play ground. Proper outdoor gear (e.g.rubber boots, splash pants, extra pair of pants/socks in case students falling/rolling in the mud) are recommended.
March 8th, 2019
- Have a great March Break! Class will begin again on Monday, March 25th, 2019.
March 7th, 2019
- Tomorrow will be the last day of school until Monday, March 25th. Have a safe, fun, and relaxing March Break!
March 6th, 2019
- Thank you to the parents who could make it to our Ash Wednesday celebration.
March 5th, 2019
- Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. There will be a short ceremony beginning at 2 PM. Parents are welcome to come and visit. Call the school for more information.
March 4th, 2019
- Tomorrow will be Shrove Tuesday (aka Fat Tuesday; aka Mardi Gras). Students will be treated to a pancake breakfast as part of our school's Lent celebration.
February 28th, 2019
- Students will be swimming at the CGC in the afternoon. Please ensure that if you child is swimming, they bring swim gear (trunks/suits/goggles/towels). We will return to the school before 3 PM.
February 26th, 2019
- Students will be skating tomorrow with the Grade 7s. Parents are more than welcome to come and skate with the students! We will be leaving the school at 9:25 and skating around 9:40. We will return to the school around 11:00 AM.
- There will be a Grade 1 - 6 Swim taking place on Friday, March 1st. The cost is $4 for the bus. We will be leaving the school at 12:40 and returning by 3 PM.
February 19th, 2019
- Students behaved very well at our trip to the Whistlebend Senior Centre.
- Grade 2s and 7s will be going skating on Wednesday, February 27th. We will leave at around 9 AM and return to school by 11 AM. The cost of this activity is $4. The $4 is to cover the bus cost. If your child needs to rent skates it is extra. If your child is renting skates, please let the teacher know (either in the planner, or on the form itself) so I can put the money aside.
February 18th, 2019
- Grade 2 will be travelling to the Whistlebend Continuing Care Facility to provide some company and read to the seniors there. Parents are welcome to meet us there. We should arrive at the Continuing Care Facility at about 10:30 (or just before). Students will have their snacks before heading to the facility. We will be back for big recess and lunch.
- We will be having an artist coming into our school to work with Grade 2 on a Social Studies unit focusing on communities large and small. She will work with our class from 1 PM to about 3 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday. Parents are welcome to come and help out.
February 15th, 2019
- Please hand in the Whistlebend Continuing Care Facility permission form and the Family Questionnaire by Monday, Feb. 18th.
February 13th, 2019
- There will be a very special field trip to the Whistlebend Continuing Care Facility on February 19th 2019. The students will get a tour of the facility and get to create art with This field trip may be postponed (or possibly cancelled due to behaviour issues). There is no cost for this field trip. I will be driving the white bus to and from the facility, with a scheduled return at 11:30. Parents are more than welcome to come. Please contact me for more details. Permission slips went home today (Wednesday).
January 24th, 2019
- Tomorrow is Pizza Lunch. Even if your child is getting pizza and/or ice cream/popsicles, please pack snacks for them to have during recess.
- Our Science Fair is tomorrow. Parents are welcome to come and visit the Grade 6s and 7s science projects in the afternoon, after the judges leave. Call the school for more info.
January 22nd, 2019
- Pizza lunch forms must be in by Wednesday, Jan. 23rd, 2019 at 12 PM. Unfortunately, late forms will not be accepted.