May 21st, 2019
- We will be swimming each day (except Mondays) for the next two weeks. Please ensure that your child has their swim gear. Students are encouraged to hang their swim suits at their hook at the end of the day. They will be dried by the next time we go swimming.
May 17th, 2019
- Have a great (and safe) long weekend.
- Tuesday, the Grade 2 class will begin their swim lessons. If students are not participating in the swim lessons, they are encouraged to bring a book while they wait for the other students to finish their lesson.
May 13th, 2019
- Pizza Lunch forms went home today. Money and orders must be in at the office by 12 PM on Wednesday 15th. Pizza lunch will be held on Friday, May 17th, 2019.
- Learn to Swim form went home today. There will be 8 lessons between May 21st - May 31st (no lessons on Monday the 20th - Victoria Day, and Monday the 27th). Students who do not have their form in, or choose not to go swimming will still accompany Grade 2 to the pool for each lesson and said student will be doing other work at the tables. The cost is $50.00. Cheques payable to Holy Family Elementary School are acceptable (as is cash).
May 7th, 2019
- If your child has not brought in their permission form for the Vanier All Catholic School Mass, they have until tomorrow at 12 PM to get permission to go. If they do not have their form, they will stay behind at the school from 1 PM to 2:45.
May 6th, 2019
- There are still some Grade 2 students who haven't brought in their permission form for the all-Catholic schools Mass at Vanier on Wednesday. If your child has not brought home their yellow permission form, please let me (or the school) know ASAP. Thank you.
May 1st, 2019
- Please be aware that students are often taken outside for gym when the weather is nice. This is in addition to regular outside recesses. It was suggested the be PE teacher that students may want to bring a hat to protect themselves from the sun, or apply sunscreen 30 minutes before gym.
April 25th, 2019
- Tomorrow afternoon, Grade 2 will be visiting the Whistlebend Care Facility for the second time. We will share our unique gifts with seniors and they will share stories with us. Students are allowed to bring one or two small items that they may want to talk about with the seniors. It was suggested that they could bring something special (NOT Lego, Playmobile, or other pre-made toys), like something from their parents or grandparents heritage, or a cool rock, or their favourite stuffy (I know that's a toy, but its different...).
- Tomorrow is Pizza Lunch, but students are still expected to bring snacks for recess.
April 24th, 2019
- Thank you to all the students (participants and viewers) and parents who were able to stop by the Wrestling (mini) Tournament.
April 23rd, 2019
- Please ensure that your child is appropriately dressed for the weather. There are still a lot of students coming to school with just a hoodie. It has been decidedly 'autumnal' lately (windy and wet). Students will be outside for PE tomorrow.
- Tomorrow (April 24th, 2019), we will have a Wrestling Mini-Tournament. Grade 2 students who are interested in participating (and attended practices), will be competing against 2 other schools. The competition will be from 12:30 to 2:30. Parents are welcome to watch. Contact the school for more information.
April 18th, 2019
- Grade 2 wishes you a restful and safe Easter Weekend. Corpus Crosses and pizza forms went home today. Pizza forms are due Wednesday, April 24th, 2019.
- There is no school on Good Friday or Easter Monday. Classes will resume on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019.
April 5th, 2019
- Holy Family started are annual Read-a-Thon fund raiser. This is a yearly fundraiser where students can get sponsored to read (and the reading minutes still count towards Grade 2's Home Reading Rewards Program). The funds raised will be sent to schools in Malawi and among other worthy charities (including the Whitehorse Food Bank). The fundraiser is strictly voluntary.
- It is still quite slippery out there. Please be safe when walking/driving/'etc-ering'.
April 4th, 2019
- There are still many students going outside with sneakers (no mitts, no hats, hoodies). Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately, as they will be going outside no matter what they are wearing. It is expected that students, when there is snow on the ground, come to school in a warm coat, not a hoodie. Thank you.
April 3rd, 2019
- Students will be outside during morning and afternoon recess. Please ensure that your child is dressed appropriately. Thank you.
April 2nd, 2019
- All students will be going outside tomorrow (Wednesday, April 3rd) for gym. As it has be forecasted as it might snow overnight, please dress your child appropriately. Thank you.
March 25th, 2019
- I hope all have had a great spring break. I have missed my students and am ready for the final few months of school.
- A quick reminder that, while yes, it is gorgeous outside as of late, it is still quite muddy, mucky, and generally quite brown on our play ground. Proper outdoor gear (e.g.rubber boots, splash pants, extra pair of pants/socks in case students falling/rolling in the mud) are recommended.
March 8th, 2019
- Have a great March Break! Class will begin again on Monday, March 25th, 2019.
March 7th, 2019
- Tomorrow will be the last day of school until Monday, March 25th. Have a safe, fun, and relaxing March Break!
March 6th, 2019
- Thank you to the parents who could make it to our Ash Wednesday celebration.
March 5th, 2019
- Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. There will be a short ceremony beginning at 2 PM. Parents are welcome to come and visit. Call the school for more information.
March 4th, 2019
- Tomorrow will be Shrove Tuesday (aka Fat Tuesday; aka Mardi Gras). Students will be treated to a pancake breakfast as part of our school's Lent celebration.
February 28th, 2019
- Students will be swimming at the CGC in the afternoon. Please ensure that if you child is swimming, they bring swim gear (trunks/suits/goggles/towels). We will return to the school before 3 PM.
February 26th, 2019
- Students will be skating tomorrow with the Grade 7s. Parents are more than welcome to come and skate with the students! We will be leaving the school at 9:25 and skating around 9:40. We will return to the school around 11:00 AM.
- There will be a Grade 1 - 6 Swim taking place on Friday, March 1st. The cost is $4 for the bus. We will be leaving the school at 12:40 and returning by 3 PM.
February 19th, 2019
- Students behaved very well at our trip to the Whistlebend Senior Centre.
- Grade 2s and 7s will be going skating on Wednesday, February 27th. We will leave at around 9 AM and return to school by 11 AM. The cost of this activity is $4. The $4 is to cover the bus cost. If your child needs to rent skates it is extra. If your child is renting skates, please let the teacher know (either in the planner, or on the form itself) so I can put the money aside.
February 18th, 2019
- Grade 2 will be travelling to the Whistlebend Continuing Care Facility to provide some company and read to the seniors there. Parents are welcome to meet us there. We should arrive at the Continuing Care Facility at about 10:30 (or just before). Students will have their snacks before heading to the facility. We will be back for big recess and lunch.
- We will be having an artist coming into our school to work with Grade 2 on a Social Studies unit focusing on communities large and small. She will work with our class from 1 PM to about 3 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday. Parents are welcome to come and help out.
February 15th, 2019
- Please hand in the Whistlebend Continuing Care Facility permission form and the Family Questionnaire by Monday, Feb. 18th.
February 13th, 2019
- There will be a very special field trip to the Whistlebend Continuing Care Facility on February 19th 2019. The students will get a tour of the facility and get to create art with This field trip may be postponed (or possibly cancelled due to behaviour issues). There is no cost for this field trip. I will be driving the white bus to and from the facility, with a scheduled return at 11:30. Parents are more than welcome to come. Please contact me for more details. Permission slips went home today (Wednesday).
January 24th, 2019
- Tomorrow is Pizza Lunch. Even if your child is getting pizza and/or ice cream/popsicles, please pack snacks for them to have during recess.
- Our Science Fair is tomorrow. Parents are welcome to come and visit the Grade 6s and 7s science projects in the afternoon, after the judges leave. Call the school for more info.
January 22nd, 2019
- Pizza lunch forms must be in by Wednesday, Jan. 23rd, 2019 at 12 PM. Unfortunately, late forms will not be accepted.